5 Things You Might Not Know About Me
Happy Tuesday friends! I’m currently sitting in my house, sweating as my air conditioner struggles and daydreaming about fall sweaters. Unfortunately, it’s way too hot for either that or writing about anything serious, so I’ve decided to do something a bit lighter today. Here are five things you may or may not know about me.
1) I love going to the gym now, but I am not a natural born exerciser. As a kid, you had to drag me outside to play, and then I would complain the whole time. I’m not kidding: I got sent to the principal’s office in elementary school for sneaking back inside during recess. I still have to push myself to work out sometimes, but I’ve grown to love the high that a good sweat sesh gives me. Maybe it’s Stockholm Syndrome or something.
2) I. Hate. Milk. Like really, really hate it. A tub of ice cream lasts maybe three days in my house, and I’ll eat shredded cheese right out of the bag, but you will never see me drinking a glass of plain milk. When I was a kid, we got raw milk straight from the farm for a while, and I was not a fan. That stuff goes bad so quickly, and you only have to run afoul of it once to never want to touch it again.
3) I am a chronic overthinker. It doesn’t matter how simple something is, I will find a way to analyze it to death. In college, I used to spend twice as long studying and writing papers as my friends, because I just couldn’t stop second-guessing myself. Even this blog post is taking an inordinate amount of time to write. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve been able to teach myself to be a little more confident and decisive, but it’s still a process.
4) I have no chill in traffic. Maybe I’ve just been driving in metro Detroit for too long, but nothing makes me go into beast mode quite like it. Don’t worry, I’m not unsafe or road ragey, but all it takes is one slowdown or driver that I perceive to be “stupid” and I’m filling the swear jar. Controlling this little vice of mine is something that I’ve really been trying to work on lately, especially with two toddlers in the back seat, listening to my every word. Nothing makes you want to shape up your own behavior quite like knowing your kids are learning from you.
5) I am as basic a white girl as they come, but I don’t love pumpkin spice lattes. I somehow developed an intense aversion when I was pregnant with my son, and it never really went away. Every time autumn rolls around, I somehow end up getting one anyway, but I’m always underwhelmed. I’ll put the flavored creamer in my coffee at home but, if I’m going to splurge on Starbucks, I’d much rather get something I love. I’d sooner take a salted caramel mocha, and y’all can fight me.
Leave a comment down below with something unique about yourself! I’d love to get to know you better.